If you have Medicare and think you would benefit from a lift chair recliner, there is important information you should know! Get answers to your lift chair recliner Medicare questions.
Are Recliner Lift Chairs Covered by Medicare?
The motorized lift mechanism of the lift chair or seat-lift chair is a Medicare-covered item. If you qualify, Medicare may cover up to 80 percent of the approved amount for the seat lift mechanism. You would be responsible for any co-pay or deductible, as well as the additional cost of the furniture portion of the lift chair.
Learn if You Qualify for Lift Chair Recliner Medicare Coverage
Schedule a face-to-face examination with your doctor or other treating physician. You must obtain a prescription for the seat lift mechanism from your doctor before Medicare helps pay for a lift chair.
Your authorized Pride provider has a special form that your physician must fill out. Take this form (or have your provider send it) to your doctor. It contains several questions about your condition that will help determine whether Medicare may cover it.
To qualify for the seat lift mechanism under Medicare, review the following lift chairs recliners Medicare stipulations:
- You must have severe arthritis of either the hip or knee or have severe neuromuscular disease. Your doctor will determine this
- The seat lift mechanism must be a part of your doctor’s treatment plan to either help improve your condition or slow down or stop the progression of your condition
- You must be unable to stand up from a regular arm chair or any chair in your home
- Once standing, you must be able to walk, even if you use a cane or walker to do so
- Medicare will not cover a lift chair if you are in the hospital or are in a skilled nursing facility
- If Medicare has paid for a manual wheelchair, scooter or power wheelchair for you in the past
You may still qualify if the doctor determines your condition has improved and you are now able to walk, even if it’s with a cane or walker.
Next Steps in Lift Chairs Recliners Medicare Coverage
Once your provider obtains the appropriate medical information from your doctor, you will work with your provider to select a lift chair. Click to learn how to choose your next power lift chair.
Upon obtaining your lift chair, your Medicare provider will submit the lift chair recliner Medicare claim for you.
What to Consider When Purchasing a Lift Chair
Since you would be responsible for the cost of the furniture portion of a lift chair, why not choose a lift chair with stylish fabrics? Pride’s elderly lift recliners are built with high-performance fabrics that are stylish and extremely durable. Discover the best fabric choices for elderly lift recliners.
You deserve a recliner lift chair that truly comfortable. Pride’s Lift Chairs are available in an array of comfort levels to meet your needs. Whether you need comfort that is customizable or a specific position, Pride has you covered. Read about the most comfortable recliner lift chairs.